ARE Live: PcM Mock Exam

Dear @coachemilyepple,
Thank you so much for your Webinar. In question #2 we know that FJ architects will be using B101, but how about BK Design LLC with the owner? (What contract BK design firm will be using to contract with the owner for their services?). Thanks for your help.

Glad you enjoyed the podcast/webinar! In question 2 you only need to know the contractual relationship of the Architect of Record (FJ Architects) and the owner in order to answer the question, so the contractual relationship between BK Designs and the owner isn’t relevant. I drew out the diagram just to show all parties laid out in the scenario, but this was a great example of how the exam likes to add in extra information that isn’t necessary and might cause test takers to waste some time. Based on a quick search through the list of AIA contracts there is the B111 Standard Form of Agreement Between Owner and Design Architect that might apply to BK Design in this situation. But again I just want to emphasize that you did not need to know that for this question and the B101 is the contract that you DEFINITELY need to study for this exam. Hope this helped!

Could someone share the link for the ARE live: PcM video, I am unable to find it with a google research or inside black spectacles. Emily shared a link but lost it once the workshop was over.

Thanks!

Hello. in attendance and setup.

https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/2475931297843194463/577097087