ARE Live: Practice Management Mock Exam

Here is NCARB’s most recent post, https://www.ncarb.org/nbtn2019/examination
Looks like Practice Management is 51%. Project Management is 62%

2 Likes

For Question #1, I was able to come up with the correct answer. However, isn’t Professional Liability Insurance and Errors and Omissions Insurance basically the same thing?

1 Like

Question #4 was a bit difficult because I wasn’t sure what the billable rate for the employee was but I just assumed I would need to multiply her hourly rate by a little over 2 to incorporate the overhead and profit.

1 Like

For question #1, would workers comp be a valid answer, as well?

2 Likes

Yup, they are. Mike was hoping to make exactly that point by providing those as 2 possibilities.

2 Likes

so where will the correct answers be posted? meaning, i missed the final correct answer for # 1. E&O, Prof. liability and Gen insur?

That’s a good question. We usually make them a part of the webinar/podcast, but maybe we can post the answers here too. Let me discuss with Lara, I think we can make that happen…

1 Like

Sure thing, once the broadcast is over, I’ll get the answers added in at the top of the thread.

1 Like

Question 2 was the one I had trouble with only got 2 out of 3. The ‘change order’ option got me - I thought this would be a fast way to resolve an issue.

1 Like

Question #3 was tricky in the sense that there is no background given on what the AIA B101 contract percentages were agreed on upon project start.

2 Likes

In regard to the first question: I view arbitration, mediation, and litigation all as forms of “dispute resolution.” Thoughts?

2 Likes

Question about virtual workshops, if you guys have time later on :slight_smile: how does it work? I am taking PPD and PDD at the same time but the workshops are at the same time. I will have to miss one. (Each week)- will they be offered again? I attended one last week and it was super helpful. Also, is “exercise b” different from the original virtual workshop? thank you!!!

1 Like

I was confused between Arbitration and Dispute resolution. Only because I tied Arbitration and Dispute resolution together. But I understand now.

1 Like

Agreed. All 3 are methods of dispute resolution.

2 Likes

Q: Can the architect be Mediating between the Owner and the GC?

1 Like

Nice :slight_smile:

Usually, No. I suppose there could be a super rare case where the architect is a Mediator, but I assume that rarely exists.

4 Likes

IDM is typically the Architect.
Mediation is non-binding.
Arbitration is binding.

All processes before getting to Litigation which is expensive.

3 Likes

I agree, I also take into consideration that you would want to make a profit.

2 Likes

:rofl: mike’s deeper voice. subtle but we know his voice well from all those videos in the course.

1 Like