High Hazard - Group H

I am looking to dive deeper in the IBC, within Chapter 3 - Occupancy Classification and Use. I am having trouble applying a scenario for the High Hazard - Group H section. Do you have any additional resources you could recommend to help me get a better grasp for navigating the codes in this section?

Thanks in advance,

1 Like

Hi @algonquin ,

Does your work have a copy of the 2018 IBC Code Commentary? If so, this would be the first place I would look for more information on Group H. The code commentary is a version of the building code the International Code Council puts out that includes additional information and instruction about individual code sections. Most work places have a copy as it is a valuable resource!

“Building Codes Illustrated” is also a good read for many code related topics. I looked into it and it doesn’t have a wealth of information on Group H, but it is a good resource to have in general for code questions.

Let us know if you have any specific questions about Group H Occupancies and we will do our best to assist!

-Darion

1 Like