ARE Live: PjM Virtual Workshop Exercise '21

Yes! It will be uploaded shortly after to our Youtube, Stitcher, & iTunes in addition to being available on the Black Spectacles website with all the other ARE Lives!

Link to website below:

https://www.blackspectacles.com/podcast

1 Like

Never can be eliminated

Hi @ngolban welcome to the ARE Community!

@clifford.marvin yes it can! If all you know is that the architect provides estimates at some point, you can eliminate ‘never’ and guess between the remaining 3.

2 Likes

A note for everyone who may not know about this (relating to Strikeout):

If you triple click on text, or the text of one of the answer options, it’ll highlight the entire paragraph (entire answer). This makes it a lot quicker to select the entire answer and then hit Strikeout (or highlight).

3 Likes

thanks I missed that first portion!

2 Likes

choice d is too vague…I would have eliminated it

2 Likes

I like as an additional service

I see the answer is Supplemental, but on the short AIA form, you can itemize “additional services.”

@clifford.marvin Darion is going to get to that shortly - the different between supplemental and additional is important!

3 Likes

“if identified” is what is throwing me

thank you! now I understand the difference!

2 Likes

this one completely baffled me

1 Like

this question threw me

1 Like

@matt2 this is another question type that architects studying for the ARE probably don’t do a whole lot of in their day jobs, so I can understand the confusion. I hope Darion going through it right now is helpful!!

1 Like

I guessed how to do this correctly

1 Like

Nice!!

You have to assume the costs listed in the question are per square foot. Will NCARB include that?

2 Likes

@clifford.marvin if they do, you should use your knowledge of material cost estimating to correctly assume that they’re talking about a cost per square foot for EIFS.

2 Likes

Another reason you can eliminate d is that if all the bids exceed the cost of work estimate, then the Contractors DID adjust their bids.

1 Like