Virtual Workshop Preview on PDD '21

At our next ARE Live broadcast on February 25, 2021, we will run through an exercise from one of our Virtual Workshops with Mark Bailey. He’ll go through PDD’s “Selecting Rated Assemblies Based on Building Type, Site & Life Safety” exercise. This is a great opportunity to see how hands-on and in-depth our Virtual Workshops are, so don’t miss it!

Register now!

Hello again!

1 Like

Welcome back everyone!

1 Like

Hello! This quiz definitely showed me what I need to study more!

1 Like

Hi there!

1 Like

Hello!

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the ARE Community!

1 Like

Hello, I’m currently beginning the ARE test process. I currently have an active Black Spectacles membership through my employer. Does this give me access to all the Virtual Workshop exercise materials?

1 Like

Hello @amadanwarandpartners and welcome to the ARE Community!

With the black spectacles “Pass the ARE guarantee”, what is the timeline associated with the Qualifications and Conditions… Ie) how long does it take to watch all the video lectures and go through all of the flash cards? How long are virtual workshops and how often are they offered in each subject?

1 Like

Welcome, everyone!

1 Like

Hello!

1 Like

Hello

1 Like

Hello! @rsoriano, your firm should have access to the virtual workshops. I can send you additional information via email.

1 Like

Hello

2 Likes

Hello @christine and welcome to the ARE Community!

Here are the benchmarks to hit for each division

• Attend 3 Virtual Workshops in a 4 week period for the division being tested
  • Watch 100% of video lectures
  • Master 100% of the flashcards
  • Secure 80% or better on a practice exam

For additional information, please visit our website

Here’s a view of the dashboard with each benchmark

Hi @monicafitzpatrick

Yes, I saw this on the website, hence my question… How often are virtual workshops offered on each subject? Is it physically possible to attend 3 workshops in 4 weeks? How long are the video lectures for the section? How much time must be dedicated to watch all of the related content to a particular exam topic? Likewise, with flashcards, how many flashcards are there to master? I am trying to determine what time commitment is associated with the “qualifications and conditions” to meet the “pass the are guarantee.”

isn’t type IIB non-sprinklered? why is it talking about sprinklers in the question?

Hello. Good to be here!

Do we have access to IBC in exam? I did not think we did. Are we only showing IBC for demonstrating where the source information comes from?

1 Like