ARE Live: Understanding Egress Systems

Hello

2 Likes

thanks Lauren!

2 Likes

If I have a small closet, do I count that in my egress calculations?

I believe the grain room is just plan north of the storage unit with the pallet jack in it, that would explain the 1 occupant for the space.

1 Like

Hi, from Seattle!

2 Likes

hello from Texas

1 Like

How and When do you apply IBC 1005.5? If a stairway is obstructed

Q: How are we counting an exit into the Grain Room please?

1 Like

Can you present the scenario again please? I thought I saw it was a non-sprinklered facility, would that still impact the load factor when it comes to the exam? For Example, sprinklered stairs (.3) non-sprinklered (.2)

Curious about the Grain Room. Since it was considered in the square footage, assumed it was indoors. Why was it viable to be an exit? Thanks

Room Label is in wrong place, or should be an arrow showing where the room is.

I believe, placing the “Grain Room” tag outside is confused many people including me.

1 Like

The Tank Room was indicated as F occupancy/use. When was that info used? For Fire Wall separation?

1 Like

Can you explain egress width as it relates to door thickness?

1 Like

How do we get the score of the mock up exam attached to the invite of this webinar?
Thank you! it was a great webinar.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

Yes, I would say so for the purposes of the ARE. If you wanted to take a more conservative approach on a real project, you could apply the concentrated seating occupant load factor to this area or simply count the barstools that would be provided.

We answered this live! check out the episode recording if you missed it.

This means that if, for example, we have a space with 400 occupants, each exit must be able to handle 200 occupants. Using a factor of 0.2, each door would need to be 40" wide. You couldn’t provide a 36" door and a 44" door because the 36" door can only handle 180 occupants.

Sorry you missed it! Yes it was unsprinklered. You can watch the recording again if you’d like!