Fire wall vs fire barrier hourly rating table 706.4 vs 508.4

what is the difference between Table 706.4 (Fire Wall Resistance Ratings) and Table 508.4 (Required separation of occupancies)?

thank you

Hi @wildlandguy - fire walls (table 706.4) are used to separate spaces into two separate buildings - they extend from foundation to parapet.
Table 508.4 is used when multiple occupancies are located in the same building, and provides the required separation between those occupancies.
Hope that was helpful and good luck on your next exam!

Thank you Chris. Yes that makes it crystal clear.