PcM Practice Exam 2, Case Study 2, Question 65 - Couldn't understand the fee distribution chart

I do not understand the Fee Distribution chart. How can you tell the CA phase fee includes the consultant fee? What is the difference between the red and black text? I didn’t quite understand the question explaination. Please help. Thanks

@coachchrishopstock can you please take a look into this question and see if you can help?

Thanks,
-Darion

Hi @seth thanks for the question!
These charts are really similar to those found in AHPP, see tables 10.4 and 10.5. I think the question you’re asking about is the one asking to calculate the project labor budget (note that, since our questions are always randomized in order I don’t know which question was #65 on your particular exam).
Anyway, that is calculated by subtracting direct expenses and contingency from NSR, as per AHPP page 623. We’ve added this page to our reference for this question.

Note that the fee distribution by phase totals $140k, which is equals the gross fee noted in the top-down budget. Therefore, items like the consultant fee (which are included in the top-down budget) are included in the fee distribution by phase.

The colors are not relevant and as a reminder - color is never relevant in any ARE question, as per NCARB. Some candidates have issues seeing color, so it would be unfair if some questions relied on color to answer.

I hope this was helpful and good luck on your next exam!

1 Like