PjM Practice Exam #1 - Need clarifications

Hi, I just went through practice exam #1, and would like to get a clarification on an example question.

Question: AIA Document C401-2017 states the responsibilities of the consultant. What should the architect expect the consultant to provide? Check the two that apply.

Choices are: shall provide site visits during construction of the project, shall not be responsible for the acts of omissions of subcontractors, shall maintain general liability or professional liability insurance, shall be responsible for the acts of omissions of other persons performing any of the work

Correct answers are : shall not be responsible for the acts of omissions of subcontractors, shall maintain general liability or professional liability insurance.

My question is, choice #1 does not indicate the site visits are “additional” to what is being asked on the contract. Shouldn’t this then be assumed as a basic service?

My second question is, choice #3 says consultant “shall maintain general liability OR professional liability insurance”. Under C401 Section 2, consultants should bear general liability AND professional liability insurance. In this case, wouldn’t this answer be inaccurate?

Thank you so much!

1 Like

@coachjasongolub are you able to help assist Samantha?

@samantha.lee The answer would not assume consultant site visits are included in base scope. Many subconsultants do not include it as the AOR handles most site visits.

I believe insurance requirements may vary per contract and per state. I wouldn’t focus on the “and/ or” aspect.