Practice exam and additional resources

Hi everyone, I was wondering if after completing the videos and review notes and flash card, the only practice exam should I take is what we have here in our dashboard in black spectacles or should I take another different practice exam?

Hi @archjavi! Thank you for your question and welcome to the ARE Community!

On your Black Spectacles dashboard, each division has three different practice exam forms - all with a unique set of questions. I recommend taking each form at least once so that you are exposed to all questions and case studies we have to offer. Each time you take a practice exam, the questions are shuffled and your scores are saved. You can also take the “randomized” form, which is a random combination of all questions and case studies in the division.

After you complete a practice exam, be sure you are thoroughly reviewing the answer explanations for both correct and incorrect answers. You will often find important information hidden in those incorrect answers, which will help you better understand the material!

Another great resource are the NCARB Practice Exams, which would help cycle in some additional practice to your study plan.

Hope this helps. Happy studying!

Kiara Galicinao, AIA, NCARB
Black Spectacles