ARE Live: ARE Testing Tips for ESL Candidates

woohoo. thanks . Throw in some extra luck and motivation to get these exams done :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always find it helpful to remember that every question is written by an actual person, and their goal is to test a particular piece of knowledge. If I’m ever confused, I ask myself “what is this question writer trying trying to get at”.
I also think about that in terms of wrong answers - why would someone include this answer?
It may also be helpful to write some of your own questions as you study, to get yourself into this type of mindset.

I think it’s less about what score you got on a practice exam, than it is about confidence that you understand the material. That said, I always shot for over 80% on practice exams when I was studying for ARE 4.0.

2 Likes

Before taking an exam, I always divide the amount of time I have by the number of questions on the exam and figure out about how much time I can spend on each question.
If I’m approaching that timeframe and am confused, I just move on. Each question is worth the same amount! There are no extra points given for solving a really complex math question, for example.

Hi Alejandro! For our ARE Pass Guarantee, we require a score of 80% or higher, so I’d say that’s a good score to aim for. But the higher the score, the better :grinning:

1 Like

I just missed the ARE Testing Tips for ESL Candidates, is there anyway to see the rerun? Thank you

2 Likes

Hi there! No problem, the episode will be posted on our website tomorrow.

1 Like

Thank you

Hello!

Hello