ARE Live: Programming & Analysis Mock Exam '21

I am listening to you from NYC too!!!:grinning:

2 Likes

Hey y’all! Hoping to learn a little more today!

1 Like

That’s a great piece of testing advice - be suspicious of answers that present new information, which was not presented in the question itself.

1 Like

Hello.

1 Like

Hello everyone! Are there any outside references, books, study materials that you think have been critical to studying for the PA exam division?

1 Like

@rsoriano I gave a few recommendations above but I’d also love to hear from the rest of the community on this!

1 Like

Hello everyone!

2 Likes

hello !

2 Likes

thank you and glad to be here!

2 Likes

I like drawing while I think

2 Likes

@gremlinsoso that’s good practice! I’d definitely suggest going through questions just like Mike did - sketch out the info as you read it and then double check at the end, before getting into the calculations.

1 Like

Hello.
I’m in.

2 Likes

Hi All

2 Likes

so in the Prevous question- lot coverage is a redundant info to deviate the question??

Yes it is! You’ll notice that the setbacks provided only allow for a maximum of 49.5% lot coverage (9,900sf / 20,000sf). The more strict requirement always governs.

1 Like

Hello

2 Likes

Hello!

2 Likes

Two Questions:

1. When discussing parking ratio, are we talking per net square foot, or per rentable space?

2. When an educational use (or B, or…) has a large space, is it considered use type E or A?

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

Regarding parking ratio - my experience is it’s usually based on gross square footage, but this will vary depending on the specific requirements of the AHJ. This is because zoning regulations are highly localized (as opposed to the building code, which is relatively standardized).

Education spaces are considered type E - see 2018 IBC section 303.1.3 exception.

1 Like