ARE Live: Programming & Analysis Mock Exam '21

1. they are both sf–nsf and rentable sf

2. thank you!

sounds like he is describing candy bars… silty salty mix

1 Like
  1. Sorry, to clarify the quesiton: if it is a strip mall, for example, with several stores, required parking should not be based on gsf for the whole mall, I think, but for the individual store. So the quesiton is, is that nsf of the individual store, or rentable space of the individual store (incl. a share of common space)?

Thank you for the practice questions!

1 Like

@dellis3 not sure where this question came from but I’d say the question would need to clarify what the parking should be based off. Since these types of regulations are governed by zoning regulations, and those vary by municipality, there’s no set standard.

Thank you for the practice questions!

1 Like

Is Fast Tracking scheduling method or delivery method?

The short answer is that it’s both - it’s a feature of CMc delivery methods that alters the method in such a dramatic way that it becomes it’s own unique style of delivering a project. It is referred to both as a delivery method and scheduling method in AHPP.

Question#5:
the clue of TAX BOND is a give away it MUST be a. DBB

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Agreed. Its a PUBLIC project so the only answer is DBB.

2 Likes

^ Generally yes, but I think the Clinger-Cohen act allows design build on some federal projects.

where cn i see the recording?

i missed out on a lot of discussion. Thank you!

Thanks, Chris. I’ve seen parking questions before on practice tests (don’t have a particular one in mind at the moment) where it is really less about parking and more about knowing the different types of space calculations. So it came down to understanding how to base the number of parking spaces in gsf or nsf (I thought, at the time). But now I realized there’s also a difference between nsf and NASF (assignable), which I think is sometimes called “rentable”. Sometimes other industries (real estate) even use the term “usable”, which i think might be something similar to gsf but not incl. structure.

The recording of today’s ARE Live episode will be posted here on our website tomorrow!