Submit your answers by 11am central on Thursday, January 30th to review your results during the broadcast of ARE Live.
If you’re not already registered, be sure to register and attend our ARE Live.
Win a free Black Spectacles T-shirt! Post the question you had the most difficulty with and how you arrived there in this thread to be eligible. Once signed in, simply click the “Reply” button below to post your response.
Missed the webinar, you can find the recording here.
Mock Exam answers - Click the arrow below, and click the blurred text to reveal the answers
1. The design team is detailing the wall systems for a classroom space. There is concern regarding
acoustic issues. Which of the following wall types will have the highest STC rating?
Correct answer is C
2. There is concern that bids will be over budget. You, the architect, should probably consider
using what tactics in the Bid Package? (Choose 3)
a. Remove portions of the program
b. Include add alternates
c. Submit RFI to funder / banker
d. Request unit cost information for specific materials and assemblies
e. Review Bidder Qualifications to ensure inclusion of Bidders with experience at
f. Using AIA form G704, suspend project until Owner has appropriate finances
Correct answers are: B, D, and E
3. Which of the following cuts from the same log would produce flooring with the best wearing
a. Quarter sawn
b. Plain sawn
c. Rotary sawn
d. Half round sawn
Correct answer is A
4. What might I find in the air gap of a brick veneer wall? (choose 3)
a. Metal ties
c. Blown in cellulose insulation
d. Rigid insulation
Correct answers are: A, D, and E
5. Finalizing the window schedule, the skylight glass should be ______?
a. Annealed Glass
b. Tempered Glass
c. Float Glass
d. Laminated Glass
Correct answer is: D
6. What is the actual dimension of a typical CMU block?
Correct answer is 7 5/8" x 7 5/8" x 15 5/8"
7. What is the nominal dimension of an 8’ 2x6?
Correct answer is 2 x 6 x 8’
8. How many board feet are there in a 2x4 joist measuring 24 feet long?
a. 24 board feet
b. 16 board feet
c. 48 board feet
d. It is not calculable
Correct answer is B
9. A “square” of roofing has a footprint of:
100 square feet
1000 square feet
50 square feet
60 square feet
Correct answer is A