1 Like

Hello

1 Like

Hello!!

1 Like

Hello

1 Like

I’ve found Archiprep to be very helpful. I also like the Deskcrits book

What Mike is drawing is basically a simple sun path diagram for Denver, CO. It’s important to understand how to use these for the ARE!

1 Like

wouldn’t the answer be West no matter if the building is in Denver or not?

1 Like

Hey Y’all

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

As Mike said, yes. The ARE will however include unnecessary information (like this) in many questions, and you’ll need to know what’s relevant and what’s not in order to answer appropriately.

I finally figured this out! Hi all!

1 Like

hello!

1 Like

How the insulation continuation concept will be achieved at the roof truss/wall intersection?

Is it necessary to understand all the types of HVAC systems for the exam, as some other study guides suggest?

Also, can we save a couple mins today to discuss the differences between 4.PPD and 5.PDD?

Could you please tell us which shape will be used in which climates?

It really depends on a number of design factors - such as what the roof soffit will look like. Regardless, the idea is to keep the insulation continuous, between the sheathing and all finished surfaces. As I said, that can be accomplished in a number of ways at the wall/roof intersection!

The ARE 5.0 Handbook lists a number of MEP resources (MEEB, for example) as a resource for both PPD and PDD.

Buildings with courtyards are typically used in hot, arid locations (think the southwest of the US, and many Mediterranean countries). Buildings elongated along the E/W axis are typically used in hot, humid climates (like the southeast of the US).

Hello

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like