ARE Live: Project Planning & Design Mock Exam '21

Does anyone know the reference chapter in the IBC related to the Window Wall Ratio to review?

Thanks!

1 Like

It can be found in the 2018 IECC, C402.4.

Thanks

1 Like

For Q. 4 answer- does it mean all the glass buildings in most of the cities (downtown) require energy model?

Hi! Good luck to everybody taking the PPD exam!

1 Like

For the newer ones built under the current energy code requirements, yes!

Q. 5 - 4 hour wall will be expensive

Yes it will! But think about it in the context of this question - the client can either pay a little extra for this wall, or get 25% less area than they need.

Would a fire shutter also meet the code requirement for a fire wall?

Thank you guys for going over this!

thank you much!!

Thank you for your presentation. very helpful

Yeah but they are WAY too long. (1500 pages of excessive detail for MEEB). They are especially too long if they are not relevant…

I believe so - if they’re automatically operated and meet the required rating needed for being used in the wall.

1 Like

That may be true. I wouldn’t really know though because I typically just use it for their study questions so that I have more exposure to more kinds of questions. I tend to take practice questions over and over and over again so its important to me that I don’t just remember the answer only. Their practice questions are a very good compliment to the ones in the black spectacles quizzes and I’ve found they both cover topics that the other one tends to miss.