Flashcards strategy

My question might sound pretty off, but how should we treat the flashcards?

For me, just going through the video lectures doesn’t seem enough to answer most of the flashcards. I’m not sure if it’s just my little experience or I am missing something from the study process?

Are we going to need the exact definitions for the exam? Or is it enough to have an overall understanding of the terms?

Thanks

Hi Oana,

I think this is a great question, no worries. Thanks for posting the first question in the community!

The flashcards do sometimes provide some supplemental information. Mike may these terms, but may not provide exact definitions in his lectures. The materials are meant to be complimentary.

There aren’t any sort of “definition” questions on the exam. Rather these are terms which may be used in the questions. You need to have an overall understanding of the terms so when you see these terms used in the exam you know what the question is asking.

Don’t worry about knowing any exact definitions, just make sure you understand the meaning or relevance of the terms!

If there are any terms in particular you’re having trouble with feel free to use these in your three questions or post about them here.

I too have noticed that there are multiple flashcard topics that have not been mentioned or discussed in the corresponding objective videos.

I find it helpful to supplement the videos with the Architects Handbook of Professional Practice.

1 Like

The Architect’s Handbook is a great resource!

I reached out to some of the other coaches about additional materials for Practice Management and below is what one coach said:

"The Architect’s Handbook of Professional Practice. Look for relevant sections in chapters 1, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 16, 17.
Segal, Professional Practice is an easy starter.
Herrmann, Law for Architects is very good

PS: AHPP is a big expensive book, but I was able to convince my boss to buy it for our office when I was studying. It will come in handy on multiple tests and is a source regularly sited by NCARB. The other 2 are affordable."