Question on how to fill out the CE workbook

Hi. I have just started working on the CE exam. I downloaded CE_Workbook from Day 1. How am I supposed to fill it out? Should I watch the videos for the whole month and fill it out gradually as I go? Is there any guidebook, including answers, that helps? Thank you for your help.@coachfelipeguerrero @coachgarricbaker

Welcome to the Black Spectacles Community @golnoosh.abdolahzadeh! We are happy to have you here and excited that you’ve begun your CE journey!

The workbook is intended to guide your studying, structure your note-taking, and help you think critically about the content as you work through the CE course. We recommend printing it out (or preparing to complete it digitally) and filling it in as you watch the videos.

There isn’t a separate answer key, since many of the questions are designed to encourage you to think critically about the topics. However, the information needed to answer them is covered in the videos, though it may not always be stated verbatim.

Page 2 of the workbook also provides an overview of its purpose and how to use it. Hope this helps!

Kiara Galicinao, AIA, NCARB
Product Coordinator
Black Spectacles

Thank you very much for your response and guidance. I really appreciate it.

Could you please help me with one more question based on your experience? Which ARE exam would you recommend taking after CE? I am currently studying for CE and, hopefully, I will pass it. :slight_smile: I’m wondering which exam has the most overlap in study material with CE, so I can build on what I’m already studying and take that exam next.

@golnoosh.abdolahzadeh No problem! If you haven’t taken PjM or PcM yet, PjM generally has the most overlap with CE, followed by PcM.

If you’ve already completed those, PDD would be the next division with some natural overlap since it covers the phase leading into construction. That said, it can be helpful to have PA and PPD under your belt before tackling PDD, depending on your experience and knowledge base.

Ultimately, exam order is pretty personal and depends on how you study and what keeps you motivated. We also have a blog on ARE exam order that can help you choose a sequence that works best for you!

Best of luck!

Kiara Galicinao, AIA, NCARB
Product Coordinator
Black Spectacles