Wall assemblies - terminology


In a sample Test Form 2 there is a question about wall assemblies
and the correct answer is “Building separation walls”.
I wonder if this term officially used to describe fire walls. Although it’s clear what type of assembly it implies, but I never seen this term officially used before.

Can y someone, please, clarify if these can be used interchangeably.

Thank you,

Which test is that Practice Exam from? I have not seen “Building separation walls” before either.

I would not use the terms interchangeably. Fire walls, fire barriers, and fire partitions are all defined in IBC and mean different things.

1 Like