ARE Live: How to Pass the ARE During Stressful Times

Hello, looking forward to all the tips.

3 Likes

Thanks for presenting the newly licensed architects’ experiences. Hope I’ll get inspired to re-start studying! I lost my motivation completely to study since they cancelled my August PPD exam that I was studying for! Now I cannot even schedule something! Help!

3 Likes

Interested to see how it will be to take an exam at home, instead of at a testing center

3 Likes

I’d agree…

Always

1 Like

Hi All, I am personally really worried about taking the exam from home… what if my internet goes off or their system fails, etc. Also in my city, it’s been very difficult to schedule an exam and it gets canceled a lot my exam got canceled thrice (in Aug and Sep)

2 Likes

I think the same!!! INTERNET NOT STABLE!!!

1 Like

But I do want to schedule home exam as I had a serious computer problems… !!

2 Likes

Q: Is it true that you have to have a PC to take the exams virtually?

1 Like

New member here @Black Spectacles from Dallas, TX, hope to get some useful tips!

3 Likes

This seminar is perfect, i am in a unique situation where I graduated many years ago and working in the field just as long. It makes me feel more comfortable and i appreciate having the opportunity to use Black Spectacles to finally get these (long overdue) tests completed.

5 Likes

I agree… I’m hoping it wont be dreadful and i can have a good experience to take the exam from my own comfort

2 Likes

How did you start studying? Did first review the test structure and then the content? Vice versa?

3 Likes

Hey!

2 Likes

how to adjust your testing strategies per sections of the test after taking the test and not passing? the frustrating issues are that you take the test, receive the results, and study on the areas needing more focus. then you get the results and it flips so it is a constant cycle on overall how to prepare for the test to pass them across the board.

3 Likes

Anyone have an idea how our testing process compares to other disciplines–law, medicine, etc–in terms of preparation, rigor, difficulty, explicitness of what’s on/not on, concept vs. memorization, comprehensiveness, etc?

1 Like

Q: Just started taking the exams, I took my first test (PCM) back in January and failed. Having a full time job, two kids and a wife I’m finding it hard to feel fully prepared. There are weeks when I’m able to study every evening and early weekend morning but I can get interrupted by home and work life and lose the confident feeling fully prepared, which causes me to reschedule and push tests back. Any advice on how I can better hit those test days?

3 Likes

Jenny, I totally know what you mean. I have 4 girls and no one likes sleep.

5 Likes

You are not unique at all! I graduated in '04!

2 Likes

I would also like to add the question on how to overcome the format of the questions in these exams?

Black Spectacles does a great job in the wording of the mock exams, but the real test are just meant to confuse the heck out our brains, and all of the material we know is just flushed away by the time clock just ticking away.

4 Likes