ARE Live: PcM Virtual Workshop Exercise

This was just another table offered in the question.

1 Like

Question 7. How did Paul get to 80k, when in the answer options there was no 80k?

Who decides the time management and who takes at what time on a project CD, DD,…? The project Architect or the project manager?

That’s a good question. Let’s see if @marcteer can ask Paul.

1 Like

yeah we were missing some charts in the questions

1 Like

Yes, I had the same question.

Can’t wait to test…

2 Likes

This can be done a few ways, depending on the size and structure of a firm and scope of a project. Generally, the project manager will lay out the schedule based on budget, but the project architect may massage the numbers based on their experience.

1 Like

What is the difference between overhead and indirect expenses ?

Where do the decimals for the Direct Labor come from?

Overhead is the indirect expenses / direct costs

Which decimals are you looking at? The utilization rate, or the direct labor?

I missed the answer to #7

I thought so I didn’t have those numbers.

Just to re-iterate: ideally you want the overhead rate to be as low as possible, correct?

1 Like

how do you offset the indirect labor cost?

Should the Utilization Rate shall be answered in decimal or as a percentage result?

Correct. Overhead is generally paid out of pocket, or by the employer, whereas project work, or direct labor, is paid for by the client

Thanks cat.heard9…!

Roland J. Michelman

cox graae + spack architects
2909 M Street NW, Washington DC 20007
202.965.7070 x312
www.cgsarchitects.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The preceding e-mail message, including any and all attachments,
contains information that may be confidential, copyrighted, or constitute non-public information.
It is intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipients. If you are not an intended
recipient of this message, please notify me by replying to this message and delete it from your
system. Any use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this message by unintended
recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.