ARE Live: PPD Mock Exam '22

Ready to slay the dragon that is Project Planning & Design? Mark your calendar for our next episode of ARE Live on Thursday, September 15 for a PPD Mock Exam. We’ll review an assortment of questions related to the preliminary design of sites and buildings, design concepts, sustainability, and various codes and regulations. There will also be a live Q&A session with our guest architect, Marissa Yee, so be sure to post your questions below. Take advantage of this extra PPD practice to get one step closer to passing the ARE!

Be sure to take the Mock Exam in advance so you can review your answers live with Marissa: PPD Mock Exam

Register here to to join us live on Thursday, September 15 at noon CT.

2 Likes

Welcome to the ARE Community! Comment below with your PPD questions to have them answered during our Q&A session. Anyone who comments will be entered to win a free Black Spectacles t-shirt, so stay tuned until the end of the episode!

1 Like

Hello

2 Likes

Hello

2 Likes

Hello!

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

2 Likes

Hello all!

2 Likes

Hi, I would like to ask if there is a recording session of the Blaxk Spectacles review session. I was unable to attend

2 Likes

Hey everyone! great first question.

1 Like

Hello! Boy i havent done calculations like that in quite a while

1 Like

In problem 1, why don’t you do the whole problem in one step using the momment system

1 Like

Hello! Yes, the recording will be available after the Live on our website here.

1 Like

Hello

1 Like

Hi @Moshe !

Thanks for your question! There are a few different approaches to solving question 1. Personally, when I see a question asking me to calculate two different types of load on a beam, it can be a little overwhelming. Breaking the loads up and adding them at the end helps simplify the equation by creating two simpler steps. Thanks!

-Rebecca

Is a fan coil terminal another name for a wall based A/C unit?

1 Like

Hello everyone!

1 Like

Don’t closed loop heat pumps and fan-coil terminals often have coolant solution in the lines rather than water? Are they still considered all water systems?

1 Like

Hi @chuckw !

Great question! A fan coil terminal is a wall based unit that allows for heating and cooling of a room and is a terminal point that is a part of a decentralized HVAC system. You’ll see these a lot in hotel rooms. Thanks!

-Rebecca

hello all!

1 Like

Is a closed loop heat pump a closet based unit? Or installed normally in a closet or mech space?

1 Like