ARE Live: PPD Mock Exam '22

What about “R”

1 Like

How was the 1 hour separation determined?

1 Like

Q4: why is Foster care and nursing home not a correct option. from my understanding they are permitted if there is a 1 hour separation (but a separation is not required)

1 Like

Hi @khiley9 !

Thanks for your question! Fan-coil terminals don’t use any coolant solution in their lines, the cooler is provided by a chiller. Closed loop heat pumps do circulate coolant solutions, but would still be considered all water because it doesn’t rely on air to cool the space. Thanks!

-Rebecca

Hello

1 Like

Hi, regarding the hotel HVAC question, why can’t we use Hydronic Radiant Heating and Cooling in walls? I believe floor Hydronic Radiant Heating is not the only way. If we put it in walls we don’t have the problem that results from using carpet. Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi @chuckw !

Thanks for your question! A closed loop heat pump is comprised a network of pipes that are buried in the ground which then terminate at the heat pump within a building. The heat pump itself can be installed in a closet or mechanical space. Thanks!

-Rebecca

What about the landing at the bottom of the ramp? Would you not include that 5’?

1 Like

Hi @ksantilli !

Thanks for your question! The 1 hour separation was determined because it was a part of the scenario listed in the question. Thanks!

-Rebecca

I believe the whole ramp system would include the top, bottom, and mid ramp. So it would be 50’. Why didn’t we add the bottom ramp?

1 Like

Would you not also include the bottom landing, making the total ramp length to 50’?

1 Like

The question states that the parking area shall act as the bottom landing.

1 Like

hello, can you explain more about chilled beam that the pros and cos of the system.

hello!

1 Like

I’ve heard that it’s better to avoid memorizing code and rather recall where to find it. What are some items that would be good to commit memory? (like the max ADA ramp rise/run)

2 Likes

Also, hello everyone!

1 Like

What is your recommendation for the best resource to explain the different HVAC systems - or perhaps something that has a cheat-sheet or table that is easy to understand?

2 Likes

Hi @sabreen.masharkah !

To echo what Coach Marissa said, it can be placed in various places but typically it’s intended for larger spaces and hotel rooms are usually quite small. They also don’t introduce fresh air into the space which we would typically like to see at a hotel (as Coach Chris stated). Thanks!

-Rebecca

Can you repeat the name of the book

1 Like

Fan-coil units don’t introduce fresh air either. Right? Furthermore, this question is regarding a 60 room hotel, so it’s not really a high rise with non-operable windows based on my understanding. Thank you!

1 Like