ARE Live: Construction & Evaluation Mock Exam '21

What are your pain points in studying for the CE exam? What concepts do you need more clarification and practice with? Share below and we will address your questions during ARE Live or right here in the Community.

We’ll go through about five questions that cover CE knowledge and skills related to bidding and negotiation processes, support of the construction process, and evaluation of completed projects.

Submit your answers by 11am central on Thursday, Jan. 21 to review your results during the ARE Live broadcast.

If you haven’t already signed up, be sure to register and attend our ARE Live podcast.

I have failed CE twice, and both times, I want to believe that I was very close to passing. The questions I had the most problems with were the math questions. The first time had quite few math questions regarding bidding. The second time had math questions regarding how much to pay contractors due to change orders and such. I think I need help on the math problems, on how to discern what information applies when doing these calculations.

On the side note: the case study information and plans were very hard to use in the exam.

1 Like

I really could use some more, Payout Math questions as I beleive that is my weak point.

2 Likes

I’ve failed the CE exam once so far and the 2 sections i failed were 2s so i feel like it could’ve gone either way- I am scheduled to take it again in a couple of weeks. I’m hoping taking as many practice exams will help me to get some clarity and to fill in the gaps of what i missed during the first attempt. Applying procedural concepts while closing out a project is what i’m the most shak-y about. That along with analyzing the quality, performance, etc at the end or a project (since i have yet to work through an entire project in the “real world”).

2 Likes

CE is a tricky one; I also failed it my first go round. When testing, try to remember that each question is weighted the same, so if the math questions are tripping you up, flag them and move on. That math question is worth the same amount as the question that may as well be a flashcard!

Another useful way I restudied was by quizzing myself and asking older members of my firm questions about contracts. The quizzing really helped me figure out where exactly my gaps in knowledge were. Have you checked out the weekly quizzes on the ARE community? Highly recommend!

1 Like

Hello Everyone!!!

2 Likes

It sounds like you were really close to passing! You’ve got the right idea in quizzing yourself to help identify gaps in knowledge, I think that’s a really helpful way to quickly figure out weak points. I’d suggest using the weekly quizzes instead of relying on practice exams; quizzes will have new questions each week whereas the practice exams will always pool from the same questions. I’m excited for your retake, it sounds like you’re doing all the right things to prepare, so keep it up!

1 Like

I’m just starting to study for the ARE’s, looking forward to getting a first glance at the CE portion of the exam series.

2 Likes

Hello, happy to be listening in - thanks for putting this on

1 Like

Hello :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello from portland

2 Likes

Good day everyone. I am excited to be here today.

3 Likes

Hello from Seattle. West coast buddies!

1 Like

That’s awesome, and so exciting! You’ll get through these before you know it.

2 Likes

Hello from Lakeland, FL! Sometimes it’s hard to clarify which responsibilities are the architect’s responsibilities, it would be nice to go over that!

4 Likes

Hello from Omaha!

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to the ARE Community!

3 Likes

Hey guys! Happy to be here and a part of the community!

3 Likes