ARE Live: Construction & Evaluation Mock Exam '21

Good afternoon everyone!

3 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Happy Thursday yall!

2 Likes

Hello from CT. I just passed my last exam in October and am now licensed! I used Black Spectacles materials to study and they are fantastic and spot on. I am listening in because I am volunteering at AIA-CT this year to teach one of their ARE Prep series seminars. I want to keep up with the material. Good luck to everyone!

5 Likes

Thanks for the workshops!

2 Likes

Hello

2 Likes

Hello. Happy to be here learning new things!

3 Likes

Hi! Welcome to the ARE Community! Weā€™re glad you find the workshops beneficial to your study routine!

1 Like

Congrats on getting licensed!!! Also so appreciative that youā€™re giving back to the community. Loving the generation of architects pulling others up with them :muscle:

3 Likes

Hello! Welcome to the ARE Community

Hi . Thanks for the Webinar. I took a exam about 4 month ago , there was a lot of questions about detail drawings, can you give us some references?

1 Like

Have you checked out Architectural Graphic Standards? I felt like that book did a good job of breaking down details and how they go together.

1 Like

good morning from Santa Barbara !

2 Likes

Is there a typical contingency percentage?

2 Likes

It depends on the size and complexity of the project, and the familiarity of the contractor with the type of work. Anywhere from 2%-10% would be considered a normal contingency.

I believe it depends on the type of project and risk involvedā€¦ however, Iā€™d love an answer from Mike on this

2 Likes

Are the percentages for retention a set number or established per project

1 Like