ARE Live: Project Planning & Design Virtual Workshop Exercise

The best mask to wear to prevent foggy glasses is with the metal piece that can bend around the top of your nose.

2 Likes

In the end, should every box in the matrix be filled in, or should we expect empty boxes?

2 Likes

Bummer you failed you will get it next time.
Good to know. Expect same glitches as the last time. definitely learned not to call them over each time an error. You loose too much time.
You should speak with them about a free seat if you have not already.

3 Likes

They weren’t able to load my test, last Fall. Sent me home. On rescheduled day, they weren’t able to load test, sent me home. On third day, after 1,000 calls and emails to NCARB, they finally got it to work. (It wasn’t Prometric’s fault.) The false assurances were maddening.

2 Likes

Yes Masks the entire time with no ventilators on it.

3 Likes

Hope your wife is feeling better!

2 Likes

It depends on the type of matrix. Some may have you placing a symbol in each box (sometimes a symbol indicating NO adjacency will be provided), otherwise it won’t be required to have a symbol in each box.

2 Likes

In NYC they give you a plastic bag to put your one pen you use from sign in through the test, your ID and your locker key. Before going into the test center you get the booklet which you give back after but keep your pen for signing out at the front desk.

2 Likes

Practice wearing your mask for the full length of time even if you’re not a glasses wearer. Also, if you’re used to wearing the sound-blocking headphones, it can feel rather uncomfortable wearing both a mask and the headphones - a lot of your head is covered.

2 Likes

Hey, question on the Proximity Matrix: is there supposed to be a P in the crossing between Bedrooms and VC?

OK, so we don’t have to fill in each empty box with an “X” for no adjacency.

@rwierson do you mean they provided sanitizer inside the exam rooms?

Do they allow gloves?

No sanitizer in the room. They wipe down the seat before you get to it. I don’t think gloves are allowed.

Hi all!! I sat for two exams in July and was pleased with all of the precautions taken by my test center to keep everyone safe!

4 Likes

unless it’s specifically asked in the question, no. Common to see some empty boxes

2 Likes

I might suggest face shields to people concerned about fogging their glasses.

1 Like

@dellis3 the exam rooms had sanitzer stations and they may have to examine the gooves - I would call the testing center to confirm!

2 Likes

I showed up for an exam last fall and I wasn’t on the Prometric list at all! They didn’t even have my info - had to leave. Delayed momentum.

1 Like

Ouch. So sorry to hear

Thanks for your answers