ARE Live: Project Planning & Design Virtual Workshop Exercise

Thanks for the info! Good to know!

1 Like

How did the test go? Last time I took PPD I kept getting error messages and the strikeout tool wouldn’t work and the calculator would only work if you used the mouse not the number pad.

2 Likes

I did get 2 pens at my exam, same amount of paper. Having glasses fog up is definitely an issue. They also do “remote” scanning - no fingerprinting, etc. Modified security definitely!

3 Likes

@brycebounds Thanks for that - I was just going to ask for clarification! Also, hello everyone! These workshops are always helpful to me

1 Like

Welcome @Alex.Cejka!

1 Like

2 pens? Double bonus!

1 Like

to use both hands!

2 Likes

Super helpful @brycebounds, I’ll share with the group on the live webinar in a few minutes…

How funny!

Do they allow gloves, sanitizer, or wipes, or do they provide those things?

1 Like

Good question (re gloves, sanitizer, etc)

1 Like

Failed, but I expected that. My wife is in the hospital with Covid so my studying the 5 days up to exam day was between doctors conference calls.

The test is in reality a remote desktop to a server somewhere. At around question 11 I lost the remote desktop connection as was staring at the local computers desktop. Shot my hand up and it got fixed in under 5 min, but I did lose that 5min as well.

2 Likes

They had sanitizer and wiped the stations between sittings!

2 Likes

So sorry to hear that, that’s terrible!

Sorry to hear its been so difficult!

Ya know - I attempted at PDD (failed) but also lost remote connection, I am wondering if this is a more common issue…

4 Likes

I’m taking PPD on Monday, wish me luck!

5 Likes

Good luck @ctowns!

It is. NCARB forum is filled with people screaming about it on all the tests.

2 Likes

Took a test recently and they had me carry my pen with me on breaks, also, for signing in and out. Locker key, pen, and ID go with you everywhere!

5 Likes

Sorry to hear about your wife @brycebounds. I also failed my PPD exam. Even though we’re given the 25 minute break, I was encouraged to not use the whole break so they could get more people in and out of the testing center.

1 Like