ARE Live: What to Know to Pass the ARE Online '21

At our next ARE Live broadcast on March 18, 2021, we’ll be hosting a panel discussion on the new ARE format which went live on December 14th of last year. We’ll talk with people who have taken the ARE from home via online proctoring. They’ll share their experience with this new exam delivery method so you know exactly what to expect.

Register here

If you have specific questions about online testing, please share them here!

By posting in our ARE Community today, you have a chance to win a free BKS T-shirt!

Thanks for hosting this topic - been intrigued by the “online testing” since they rolled it out…

2 Likes

I just took an online test and passed, but I’d like to share the hardships I suffered.

2 Likes

What happened?

which section did you take?

CE…several things happened, starting with it took six attempts to just get started on the test

We’re guaranteeing if you utilize our Expert membership to the fullest, you’ll pass the ARE. If you don’t pass, we’ll cover the retake cost for your failed division! See how you can guarantee your pass here :arrow_forward: https://blackspectacles.com/guarantee

2 Likes

I am looking forward to this. Thanks for having this webinar.

1 Like

Wow what else?

I had to speak to three proctors before I could start

This was all despite my careful review of the things I had to do to make my environment suitable for testing

Hey Mark, the audio is better but it is in and out. FYI

1 Like

I spent over an hour preparing the space

The online proctoring guidelines say that you have to be disconnected from a docking station. My laptop only has USB-C ports so it requires adapters (or a docking station) to connect to an external webcam, ethernet, mouse, keyboard. Do you know how I can get around this? Thank you!

2 Likes

Hello. Love this!

1 Like

Looking forward to finding out more info about testing from home and the new format!

Was it worth going through all that to test at home?

1 Like

My next test is scheduled for April 6th and it will be online

1 Like

Hi, Thanks for hosting this topic! I’ve been wondering about the 360-degree view requirement for the webcam. Is this really a requirement? They typically go for around $500… and there aren’t many webcams with the 360-degree view option. Do they mean 360-degree rotation capabilities?

1 Like