ARE Live: What to Know to Pass the ARE Online '21

They tell you the probability of passing.

2 Likes

No! I clicked that I wanted to see it, but then it didn’t appear and I had to wait 2 days.

thank you

1 Like

I was told I would “probably” pass.

2 Likes

That’s all they ever say. So that’s normal. I think they later have to exclude some questions that are fake/experimental or problematic, so they are giving you and estimate until your official score comes.

1 Like

Thank you, this was really helpful.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you Mark

1 Like

Thanks Marc.

1 Like

Are you looking for additional support with your studies? Our ARE Facebook Group is a place to connect with potential study partners and for experienced architects to share their knowledge. Join Here :arrow_right: https://bksp.es/35L5iJ7

What about if there is a connection issue during the exam? Will the previously unanswered questions be locked as well?

well… I received the email with link to card but… made some mistakes in the way I downloaded it (I wanted to keep it on my phone in Apple cash)… It disappeared into the cloud:). I cant retrieve it…
So better request a mail-in cash if you a clumsy person like me;)

can you clarify please: was the Nexigo N930AF the problematic one - passed at the readiness test, but failed at the actual exam ?
because that is the one I have at home and was planning to use it for my coming exam

Nexigo N930AF Was not the problematic one. I haven’t taken the real test with this webcam yet, but could pass the online proctor test run using this webcam.

1 Like

Hi, all:) First post and caught the podcast this morning.

I’ve only just understood that it is now possible to take the tests off-site, which makes this incredibly helpful as my closest testing location (the last time I checked) is a plane ride a few hours away in London.
So, hopefully this change will make it easier for me to get into the process and get these tests out of the way.

Please HELP!!!
Who can answer my question ASAP? Sorry for breaking all the rules… I have my next PCM exam on Monday and even if my life would depend on it I can not understand the logic of the question 64 out of 65 on test Exam2. How did the architect calculated hours available they get the 595 hrs???

QUESTION:
Due to the time constraints on the project, the architect submitted two design teams, each contributing 50% of the time budget for the full 8 weeks of design. The owner has notified the architect that five weeks have been added to the design timeline.
Assuming that team 2 will work the full 13 weeks on the project and maintain their same pace for the 13-week schedule as intended for the 8-week schedule, what percentage of the time will team 1 contribute to the project? Round to the nearest percentage.

ANSWER:
Per the Fee Distribution by Phase document, the architect has scheduled 595 hours for the project. With the original 8-week schedule, each team would have contributed 297.5 hours, which allows for each team to contribute approximately 37 hours each week to the project. If team 2 continues that pace and provides 37 hours per week for 13 weeks, the total hours contributed by team 2 will be 481 hours.

595 hours / 2 teams = 297.5 hours

Team 2: 37 hours x 13 weeks = 481 hours
481 hours / 595 hours = 80.8% of the time

Team 1: 595 – 481 = 114 hours
114 hours / 595 hours = 19.2% of the time (round down to 19%)

copy of the fee distribution:

05/11/21- I had a similar experience today, all technical. I waited for a proctor for about 1 hr and then contacted help via another device (iPad) to see what was going on. Had to log on about 4-5 times before it worked.

Did you get your preliminary results right away after the test? I did not!!!