ARE Live: What to Know to Pass the ARE Online '21

As a result of my first experience with delays in the prep, I have left my environment in the condition it was for the exam, with the rest of my apartment in disarray while I am in the process of testing. I’ll be able to restore my apartment at the end of the summer when I complete the test.

1 Like

ugh, how frustrating! Let NCARB know. The more people report glitches, the sooner things get updated. I miss the paper too, seems a bit silly that designers are taught to think through their hands on paper and to remove that from the exam.

If there is a connection issue during the exam, will the questions previously viewed be locked when reconnection is established?

Do you get your test results immediately after completing ?

Remember you can’t review questions not answered prior to your break when you return from your break.

What happened! I got cut off!

me too! Marc, come back!

1 Like

I did let them know. They said they were fixing a problem by the end of the month, which may or may not refer to THAT problem.

I suppose they want to prevent us from sharing our notes with others. But the Whiteboard is AWFUL. We need to speak up with NCARB so they come up with some other way for us to use a real pencil.

1 Like

How do you find out the number of questions you need to answer correctly to pass an exam?

We’re restarting the webinar now.

Thank you. I’m back.

If you don’t pass, do they now charge for results about what sections were problematic? Is it new for them to charge for that?

They seem to be very early or very late. The proctors are in the Philippines, I think.

I have a few questions: - was exterior noise an issue (unexpected noise like a ring bell)? - did they make them turn down the blinds for windows facing outside? do you need to tell before you hit the break button? I am worried to lose time waiting for an approval for the break.

I think that the night slots are because the proctors are in the philippines and test takers are all over the world.

Breaks are frustrating. You can speak or type to alert the proctor. But it might take seconds/minutes for them to respond. So keep working.

I totally agree that the issue with the white board should be voiced to NCARB. If enough of us raise our concerns, they may do something about it. We need to have at least one scratch paper and pencil. They let us have two tissues on our desk during the proctor exam which they scan through the webcam, so not sure why a piece of paper would be a problem.

I guess they assume you won’t want to share your used tissue, but may want to share notes about questions! :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for mentioning the tissues. That was a sore point for me since I have allergies and have to blow my nose frequently. Two tissues is not enough!

1 Like

did you get your test pass/fail results immediately after testing?

1 Like