ARE Live: Project Planning & Design Virtual Workshop Exercise

I think another way to do this would to focus on one room or area at a time. For example, search the summary for all the adjacencies related to the bedrooms first, then move onto another room. This can help narrow the focus and notes

2 Likes

Draw draw draw! Use your scratch paper like crazy during these exams! The lightest pencil stroke is stronger than the strongest memory.

3 Likes

It probably is just a personal preference. Personally, I’d prefer to sketch out a quick checklist for myself…

I typically try and get the studying done before the house wakes up study from 5-7am. This also helps me avoid procrastination tactics like unnecessary snacking or doing house chores. Good Luck

4 Likes

@saralynnconnolly, you are a better human than I am :). I wish I was that good!

Does that mean rooms directly across the hall from each other would be secondary? where as, a (example) room 102 and room 120 may be on opposite ends of the same corridor on the same wall and they are primary?

1 Like

:joy: No pencils at Prometric anymore

1 Like

Adjacency Matrix is a powerful tool well used and quickly done.

1 Like

What?!! Seriously? ((re: no pencils at Prometric?))
I took some tests last fall and I’m getting back to it now.

1 Like

Another strategy I used was watching the black spectacles videos while cooking dinner or folding laundry. I like to move around while I study, so this worked great for me. Also helped me get some chores done while studying.

1 Like

They do have pens though.

2 Likes

Yup. Took PPD last week. One pen, one booklet with 3 pieces of paper. no water fountain / water cooler.

3 Likes

Yikes. Thanks for the heads up, that’s super useful to the group!

1 Like

yikes, thanks for letting us know! I’m glad they have pens at least. So I should rephrase: the lightest pen stroke is stronger than the strongest memory!

1 Like

Not provided, I’m assuming…?

before going to take test figure out how to deal with the fogging between your eyeglasses and face mask.
that small detail got me completely out of wack.

5 Likes

@Cody.blevins.us. I hope I conveyed your question clearly to Liz…

I would assume they ARE provided for standards and so you don’t have some notes rolled up inside :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s a good reminder! For anyone interested, NCARB is working toward remote testing options. They expect to start these in 2021. Hopefully only a few more months of these struggles!

4 Likes

They provide one ballpoint pen and one folder 11x17 booklet with 3 sheets.
Masks the whole time (watch out glasses wearers like me - I’m doing the practice test at home with the mask on now to prep)
You have to bring your own water.
Break time is now expanded to 25 minutes instead of 15.

7 Likes