Final Payment

Hello ARE Community!

We received a question during one of our PjM workshops regarding the final payment to the contractor. Once the architect has inspected the work and determines that the work is complete, the architect issues a final certificate for payment to the owner. Before the certificate is issued, the contractor must submit a number of forms, for instance G706, Contractors Affidavit of Payment of Debts and Claims and G707, Consent of Surety to Final Payment.

For further reading on this topic, please take a look at:
The Architect’s Handbook of Professional Practice, p1090

1 Like