How are you adjusting to the new norm?

There’s a lot of uncertainty happening in the world right now which requires ever-evolving adjustments to our daily life. You may be reading this thread from home amidst some chaos, taking on a new role as your kid’s teacher as you manage your own work obligations, or alone in your apartment, plugging away on projects that still have a due date. As we adjust to these new norms for the foreseeable future - we’re here to support you - how are you adapting to and handling all of this?

Are you taking longer walks outside, video chatting with loved ones (if Dad can get his camera working), binging that show your friends have been raving about, or running through the New York Times Bestsellers list? Share your experiences, frustrations and tips with us here - we are listening!

2 Likes

My wife and kids and I have been trying to get out of the house and get 1 or 2 walks in each day, just to get some exercise and a change of scenery. Also, one of the Moms in my daughter’s friend’s group has initiated some Zoom meetings where the kids can socialize- she’s loved that-it really helped her re-connect with her kids. We’ve done the same on FaceTime with my kids’ cousins… Trying to stay connected even if a screen is required…

1 Like

Communication is key, I agree. I never really liked Facetime until this coronavirus event!

1 Like

Yeah, it works well for iphone users, but for others, Zoom seems to be a good option…

2 Likes

A few friends and I who consistently work from home are having quarantine get-togethers once a week, which is really helpful! (we all have personal modes of transportation and do full sanitization after being outdoors, just in case) I’ve also gotten some good progress on some audiobooks and personal projects. After work hours we’re constructing a murphy bed frame, which is keeping us busy!

1 Like

I used Zoom with my class for the first time yesterday, and it worked great. My big issue was not wanting anything that would be difficult in all the various ways that people might be signing in (phones, computers, tablets, etc.) and it is so far quite intuitive.

2 Likes

Cat, you’re on the west coast right?

I am, right in Seattle, in the thick of things!

Communication is key for the people you are sharing your home with as well. My boyfriend and I moved in together a few months ago and will now be sharing our office space for the foreseeable future.
It’s important to maintain some alone time during the day!

3 Likes

Oh boy. Finding something to build is a good idea. My house is going to be in the best shape ever!!!

1 Like

@DArriagada that’s quite the change! A good excuse to practice open communication and get a solid foundation for the relationship.

1 Like

Totally agree. My wife keeps looking at me funny when I go into a different room just for some quiet alone time! I need my space, damn it!

3 Likes

I’m keeping an eye on the prometric center here in London. My CE exam is coming up next week, and things are starting to get pretty dicey around here.

2 Likes

We joked yesterday that we’ll come out of this with absolute certainty on next steps for the relationship! haha

Are the testing centers there still open?

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. Yeah all the Seattle prometric centers have closed here. It can be so frustrating to spend that time studying then get the date pushed back. Ugh!

Haha!

Haha! You definitely will.

As far as I can tell, yes. I will be calling tomorrow to do one final check to make sure.

1 Like