How are you adjusting to the new norm?

So thankful for streaming yoga, and that my new office has a pet policy. Keeping a morning routine has been vital - longer walks or runs with the dog, making coffee at home, settling in for the work day. Segmenting my day helps keep concentration high during working hours, and relaxation even better at the end of it.

3 Likes

Oh I see what you mean. So folks were able to easily log in and get access to your lectures? You’ve been doing this for your classes at SAIC right?

Love that pet policy :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds like an awesome routine. I’m hoping I can get into something similar! Currently it’s been more ‘sleeping in until I absolutely have to be online’, not the most efficient mornings, haha

Definitely! hoping to be able to take the test, but also not willing to take any unnecessary chances romping through the central city.

2 Likes

Yes, so a combination of real-time and uploaded videos, trying to make sure that people feel connected (real-time) yet have some flexibility for longer format topics (video uploads)

2 Likes

So true. The exams are hard enough. No reason to be catching a pandemic on top of them haha

2 Likes

Its great that the work at home has a lot of flexibility, but oh boy can that be a two edged sword, right?

2 Likes

Super interesting. We’ve all been thrust into this new situation with videos and live online lectures. It will be interesting to see how much of this sticks when we all are able to go back to the office/classrooms, etc…

2 Likes

Share the streaming yoga link here please :slight_smile:

For me, I had been planning on doing something like this anyway in order to open up face to face class time for more individual discussions and project time, but I have been forced into figuring it out now … which is probably the only way I would get to it, so I will take that as a plus !!

2 Likes

Thanks for chairing this webinar @Mike & Marc
Stay safe out there all.
Cheers!

3 Likes

Have you @marcteer or @mike ever seen the economy/society go through something similar to what we’re seeing now? Any wisdom you can with impart us?

sounds like how i operate… :wink:

For anyone with dogs, I came across ‘naughty dog bingo’ that’s been helping keep us sane

2 Likes

There’s an app called Downdog that I use, and it’s free until the end of March.

2 Likes

I have never seen anything quite like this. Clearly 9/11 had some similar qualities, but then it was clear that things would get back to normal in a week or a month or whatever. Here it has an unknown timeline which certainly has everyone on edge. The best I can say is that the economy will have to keep going somehow, and we all have at our fingertips all this awesome technology which allows all sorts of other communication systems … so I think this will be a turning point in how the general office world starts seeing everyday communication systems. 9/11 changed transport systems (TSA, airport security, etc.), this will likely change your relationship to your employers, and even family communication systems.

2 Likes

I think the wisdom is to take it one day at a time, try to establish a routine, and to take care of yourself/friends/family. We will get on the other side of this, and eventually get back to more normal interactions. The economy is suffering quite a shock so I think we’ll be dealing with that once we’re able to get back normal interactions.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting point about changing family communications… I can see that for sure…

1 Like

Yeah I think one of the more interesting things will be how this might impact working environments in the future.