Live Q&ARE w/ NCARB

Hi Liliana! Long time no see. Good to see you’re also going through the exams! The loading pages in my case study questions are also loading really slowly and I waste time scrolling. The search function in the excerpts for some of the questions aren’t helpful, so scrolling takes ages. Every second in these exams are necessary. NCARB support told me that these exams are via websites, so the loading time is both on Prometric’s end as well as NCARB server end. For the purpose of this discussion, to NCARB, what are the technological developments you plan to implement to make this search function more user friendly?

1 Like

thank you Bryan and will check the attached link

2 Likes

Hi there! Candidates wanting to take an exam using online proctoring will need to be able to provide a location and the necessary technology that meets the requirements of NCARB. By providing a private testing area with appropriate technology, the candidate will create their own virtual test center. The candidate’s testing environment will be evaluated by the online proctoring agent at the beginning of each administration and if it is found to meet the necessary security requirements, it will be designated an NCARB-approved ARE testing location/center and the test administration will proceed. If the candidate cannot provide an appropriate location at the time they have scheduled, the candidate will not be allowed to test and their exam fee for that administration will be forfeited. You may also choose to test at a Prometric test center as well.

2 Likes

Thank you for your recommendation. The items on the exam are reviewed regularly for performance and meeting the requirements of a likening exam. If certain items are not performing as intended, NCARB reviews them and makes updates as necessary.

1 Like

The PPD and PDD passing rates keeps being low compared to the others divisions. Does NCARB is evaluating or contemplating any changes for this 2 exams.?

3 Likes

Hi - I realize you are asking about the exam as delivered today, however with the launch of remote proctoring, there are elements of the exam - both in person and remote that we are looking at. Because both means of testing will deliver the same exam, some things may change. There are currently no plans to adjust the exams regarding format and content, however we are investigating some elements of delivery. The current testing times and flexibility that candidates have to navigate back and forth between division questions while testing is not conducive to online proctored delivery and makes it more difficult to schedule at a test center with limited hours. Also, NCARB’s psychometricians have completed a study that supports adjusting the total number of questions needed during each administration to maintain an appropriate level of reliability for high-stakes licensure examinations. This will slightly adjust the timing of each division to ease the burden of finding an appointment time.

1 Like

In regards to the remote proctoring test, how exactly does this work? The traditional proctor sites require that you go through finger print/ID/metal detector process. How is the remote proctoring different? Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi there! Yes, they sure will!

1 Like

Hello, I recently got an email from my university that NcARB downloaded my transcript, how long will it take for Ncarb to verify

1 Like

Candidates wanting to take an exam using online proctoring will need to be able to provide a location and the necessary technology that meets the requirements of NCARB. By providing a private testing area with appropriate technology, the candidate will create their own virtual test center. The candidate’s testing environment will be evaluated by the online proctoring agent at the beginning of each administration and if it is found to meet the necessary security requirements, it will be designated an NCARB-approved ARE testing location/center and the test administration will proceed. If the candidate cannot provide an appropriate location at the time they have scheduled, the candidate will not be allowed to test and their exam fee for that administration will be forfeited.

1 Like

Welcome @Harry-NCARB, @Martin-NCARB & @Bryan-NCARB to our ARE community!
Thank you for taking time to respond to the questions here!

Marc

1 Like

is this over?

1 Like

We’re still answering questions.

2 Likes

We are still going for 30 mins. 6-7 pm CT

1 Like

Marc is this still live?

2 Likes

It’s our pleasure, thank you!

1 Like

It sure is!

1 Like

99% of this Q&A is about remote testing. are we able to ask questions how to tackle certain exams?

2 Likes

Since there are so many questions, the NCARB team is just working their way through the questions…

2 Likes

Hi Eric! Honestly, I suggest you start with the division that you are most comfortable with. There are also many posts on this subject, like this one:

3 Likes