ARE Live: What to Know to Pass the ARE Online '21

Do I have to be seated in a separate, closed off room? Or if it’s an open space and there’s nothing around me except furniture, etc., is that fine?

I believe that’s correct. I would suggest scheduling a pre-test consultation to double check: Prepare for Your Online ARE Appointment With a Test Run | NCARB - National Council of Architectural Registration Boards

Read the guide!!

Any recommendations on the webcam brand?

1 Like

mine is a Logitech and was acceptable

2 Likes

It may. In the testing from home guidelines I think they outline the minimum requirements for testing from home. Again, I think the best thing you can do is schedule a pre-test consultation. They’ll check your internet speed and let you know if it will impact your test.

Logitech 9000.

Absolutely imperative that you test your connection and audio and video before the test!

1 Like

must be peripheral

Hello @hien.vo and welcome to the ARE Community!

Don’t forget to join our Facebook group! Our ARE FB Group is a place to connect with potential study partners and for experienced architects to share their knowledge. Join Here :arrow_right: https://bksp.es/35L5iJ7

Laptop cameras are not allowed.

1 Like

They want to see the four corners of the room. It can be a large room with a work area in it.

This link was really helpful to understanding requirements for the proctoring…

2 Likes

It took me an hour to get started, and my test was scheduled for 8:30 pm, so I didn’t finish testing until 1 am.

I used the same, I think. Mine is about 10 years old so doesn’t show the model no. Had to dust it off and install some new drivers, but it worked fine.

Also, the three proctors had different requirements. Each one had different objections.

Report this to NCARB!!! They’re trying to streamline the process and are upset that different proctors have different requirements; they’re not supposed to.

Thank you for posting this!

yes, and one will have you show under the keyboard, whereas another will make you show under the chair. You never know.

So the proctor is a real person who watches you throughout the time of your test?